Friday 13 June 2008

Al Reynolds Speak About Split From Star

Star Jones' soon-to-be ex-husband Al Reynolds is opening up about their split, posting a message via his MySpace page saying that he entered the marriage with "love and the best of intentions", and that he feels "great sadness that it didn't work."TV personality Jones, 46, filed for divorce from Reynolds, 37, in April, citing no reason for the split. She did admit that she made an "error in judgment" by inviting the media into their lavish 2004 wedding, however.  Reynolds posted a lengthy message on his MySpace page on Tuesday (May 13) - read Reynolds' full message here - in which he described the stress he has been under since the media got wind of his split:Dear Friends: If you think you are having a tough day, may I propose you walk in my shoes for a few hours. In my mind, it feels like “Dump on Al Month.” And I’m not having fun yet. I have been called a gigolo, a freeloader, unemployed, a sham and many other things that don’t bear repeating.People on television, radio and the internet have spoken disparagingly of my life, my sexuality, my career and my integrity. The media has barraged me (at my home), my friends, my family(including my 79 year old mother), my college classmates, my students and my professional colleagues... I take great comfort in the fact that my loved ones and those people who really know me continue to love and respect me. Thank you “all” for the endless emails, phone calls and words of encouragement. I know in my heart that I entered my marriage with love and the best of intentions and leave it with great sadness that it didn’t work. What the world doesn’t know about me would fill a book, but I know who I am and what I have achieved in my life... What I want people to know is that I am not the caricature portrayed by the media. I am complex, contradictory and capable of great intelligence but also remarkable stupidity. In other words, I am a human being. To me, labels are for clothes, not people. So…..Please don’t try to define me; don’t try to categorize me; and most of all, don’t label me. Instead, JUST GET TO KNOW ME. And if you see me, just call me Al."Photo courtesy of Associated Press. Taken by Matthew Jordan Smith.